Friday, January 7, 2011

Minimalistpedia

Dude.

Have you ever looked up Everett Bogue on Wikipedia?

He doesn't have his own page. It sort of makes me feel for him.* Maybe he's taking a minimalist approach to his internet persona, restricting himself to farbeyondthestars.com, evbogue.com, twitter.com/evbogue, and facebook.com/evbogue. Google him and you get 16,000 results. He has written books and made TV appearances and is frequently interviewed on other blogs.

Robot fetishism, farting, Oligonychus sacchari, and the number 9630 all have Wikipedia pages dedicated to them, but Everett Bogue does not.

HOWEVER.

When you search his name on Wikipedia, you get a few results that are actually relevant to him. His name is associated with location independence, unschooling, and, uh, Battlestar Galactica!

I just think that's darling.*

He made a number of contributions to New York Magazine, but Battlestar Galactica is what he's known for on Wikipedia.

I wonder if he's still into that show.

Anyway, I think someone should start a Wikipedia page for Bogue, strictly stating facts. Just the cold, hard facts. Memorable quotes, of which there are many. A link to his Minimalist Guide to Sex? (Crap, candles aren't on my list of 57 things, so I guess I can't have awesome candle-lit minimalist sex.)

I think I'm kind of developing a soft spot for ol' Bogue-y. He seems like a nice, if delusional and flaky, person.* There. I said it. He mentioned us on his Twitter and kind of led me to believe he might have a sense of humor about himself (though he still hasn't sent us that love note). So I hope he won't mind my saying this. It was recently brought to my attention that purple (as we all learned in preschool) is a combination of red and blue. Red is the color favored by the notorious Bloods, and the Crips prefer blue. So maybe, juuuuuust maybe, Ev wears his purple tank tops as a sort of armor, shielding himself against two rival gangs on the mean streets of San Francisco.

Or maybe, y'know, not.

* These statements may or may not be endorsed by more than one of this blog's two authors. Today's post brought to you by the one who voted for Cynthia McKinney in 2008, lovingly mothers a perpetually vomiting cat, and eats a lot of raw vegetables.

3 comments:

  1. Did you see his latest post? I loved the picture of his "abs". Sorry Ev, those are not abs. Abs are defined...you have a little manorexic belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I don't know. Maybe this means his ego really is smaller than thought. I know (on a personal level) two people with wikipedia pages, neither is famous, though they think they are within their respective fields. anyway, in both cases, they started their own wikipedia pages. so if everett were a 110 percent egomaniac, he would have started his own by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the best thing i have read thus far. This just became my favorite blog! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete